Monday, August 18, 2008

finally in Cairns

This is the SO post, as the Scientist has gone down to the car to find the number to track our bag that still has not yet been located. We have 2 of 3 bags.

It's been cloudy today in Cairns, which was helpful as both the Scientist and the SO have been under the weather. The Scientist spent his day at the conference, checking out the posters and talks (he'll have to divulge that excitement) but I've spent the day with the worst migraine I've ever had and most of the day I've been asleep.

Now that I'm awake, we are heading out to get dinner and find toiletries to replace our still missing toiletries located in the luggage missing. By toiletries, I mean everything that isn't clothes, shampoo, conditioner, soap, comb, brush, hairdryer, jewelry, tennis shoes (which my feet are screaming for).
They have a Target here in Cairns, so I think perhaps that's where we'll head. They also have a Woolworth's down the street, but I'm eager to see what the Cairns Target has to offer. Right now, I guess you could say I'm still seeing the naive novelty in the Americanized products Australia has to offer. No Dr. Pepper but they do have Subway (my trainer would be happy). They even have Ford cars.

It's getting darker outside and cooler, so I think I'll close up for now. Not much new to report but thought it would be nice if at least one of us let everyone know we did get to Cairns last night around midnight and we're now trying to overcome that so-called jet lag and get down to vacation business.

More to come!

No comments: