Monday, August 11, 2008

Let's all go to Australia! Kanga and Roo miss us.

The request has been made that, what with internet access abroad existing, and all, that I keep track of my Australia trip. For those of you who may find this at random (all 2 of you), here's the story:

I'm a microbiology grad student in Tennessee. The beauty of this system is that we, as scientists, have to go to meetings on a yearly basis to present our work, meet people, and line the coffers of various professional societies, convention centers, and hotels. This trip is to the ISME 12 meeting in Cairns, Queensland, Australia. (YAY!)

I'm trying to keep my thoughts straight as I prepare for the plane ride and subsequent jet lag for 2 days worth of lectures, posters, and getting free stuff from vendors who want me to buy incredibly expensive equipment for my lab (an idea I will not disabuse them of, if they give me plush toys).

If I can, I may put up a screenshot of my poster, eventually, if anyone ever reads this.

I guess I should keep track of this by days into my trip, so:

Days in austrlia: 0
Days since I boarded a plane: -4
Unexpected occurrances: 0
Bridget Jones references: 1

No comments: